Some time ago we made an open records request for Denton’s code enforcement cases. We received a spreadsheet with basic details of the 16,147 cases the city worked last year, some of which informed our stories on those high-profile cases they have worked in recent month along E. Hickory Street.
(By the way, 211 E. Hickory is looking good. New roof, new paint and signage, improvements to the awning. We wonder if new tenants are coming soon.)
We queried the data to see who the city was visiting most for code complaints. Where necessary, we went to the state comptroller’s website to determine the location of corporate owners. Readers will note that five of the top 10, including the top four, property owners on the list are not based in Denton.
The top 10 violators and their combined 562 violations make up 3 percent of what the city logged last year. See below:
- Wylie Ventures, of Houston and Golden, Colo. – 78
- Pecan Creek Investments, of Houston and Golden, Colo. – 72
- Retreat at Denton, of Athens, Ga. – 60
- Audra Heights Properties, of Argyle – 60
- Morelle Miller, individually and together with Jack Miller – 55
- Tom Jester and Jester Properties – 50
- Khosrow Sadeghian – 49
- Vista Bonita Financial, of Port Neches – 46
- Millard Thorp – 46
- Amina Al-Khafaji – 46